Information on the module guide itself and the associated resources and known issues are available here.
The DAC Audio Playback Framework module provides high-level APsI for audio playback applications and handles the synchronization needed to play 16-bit pulse-code modulation (PCM) samples. The Audio Playback Framework uses the DAC, timer (AGT or GPT) and data-transfer (DMA or DTC) peripherals on a Synergy MCU. A user-defined callback can be created to respond to the need for additional data.
The Audio Playback Hardware DAC Framework module supports the following features:
- Plays long buffers by splitting the data into manageable chunks.
- Repeats playback until a ThreadX timeout (for repeated audio like sine wave tones or looped background music).
- Requests next data using callback after last buffer playback begins.
- Software volume control.
- Pauses and resumes functions.
- Scaling to move signed 16-bit PCM data into range of the unsigned 12-bit DAC.
- Basic mixing for multiple streams.
The Audio Playback Hardware DAC framework module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and above and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here.
Module Guide Errata
In SSP 1.4.0 the DAC8 has been added as an option. The Features list, block diagram, and Configuration Tables will all be different when the module guide is compared to SSP 1.4.0 implementations. These changes should be easy to spot and shouldn't confuse the reader once this change is understood.
Module Guide Resources
The following application projects are available from the Renesas web site at the referenced url.
- Renesas Synergy™ Project DK-S124 Simple Record/Playback here.
- Messaging Framework Module Guide - Application Project here.
The SF Audio Playback Framework module is used in the Developer Examples available for the DK-S7G2. You can find a Knowledge Base article that describes the Developer Examples and how to use them here.
- Refer to the most current SSP release notes for any known issues.