Information on the module guide itself and the associated resources and known issues are available here.
The QSPI HAL module is a high-level API for erasing and programming the contents of a QSPI flash device that is connected to the microcontroller and is implemented on r_qspi. The QSPI HAL module configures the QSPI Interface and supports access to a Quad SPI flash device via direct communication mode, reading of data from the QSPI flash device, programming of data to the QSPI flash device, sector erasing of the QSPI flash device and bank control of the QSPI flash device. The QSPI HAL module uses the r_qspi peripheral on the Synergy MCU. Unlike many other modules, a callback function is not provided for the QSPI.
The QSPI HAL module supports the following features:
- Access Quad SPI flash devices using Direct Communication Mode
- Read data from a QSPI flash device
- Program the page of a QSPI flash device
- Erase sectors of a QSPI flash device
- Select a bank to control access to a QSPI flash device
The QSPI HAL module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and above and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the QSPI HAL module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here.
Module Guide Resources
The following application projects are available from the Renesas web site at the referenced url.
- Access to External Flash Memory in Renesas Synergy Development Environments here
- The QSPI HAL module is used in the Developer Examples available for the DK-S7G2. You can find a Knowledge Base article that describes the Developer Examples and how to create a project using the template here.
- Refer to the most recent SSP release notes for known issues, available here.