Information on the module guide itself and the associated resources and known issues are available here.
The ADC HAL module is an API for analog-to-digital conversions and is implemented on r_adc. It supports both the ADC12 and ADC14 peripherals available on Synergy microcontroller hardware. A user-defined callback can be created to process the data each time a new sample is complete.
The ADC HAL module supports the following features:
- 14-Bit A/D Converter (S3A7, S124) or 12-Bit A/D Converter (S7G2)
- Multiple Operation Modes
- Single Scan
- Group Scan
- Continuous Scan
- Multiple Channels
- 13 channels (unit 0) or 12 channels (unit 1) for S7G2
- 18 channels for S124
- 28 channels for S3A7
The ADC HAL module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and above and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the ADC HAL module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here.
Module Guide Errata
Section 5: ADC HAL Configuration Table- New parameter in SSP 1.4.0, Internal Calibration During Open
|Internal Calibration During Open()||
Enabled, DisabledDefault: Enabled
|Enable or Disable internal calibration during open. If enabled, open will only return after calibration is completed. The calibration times vary depending on PCLKB and ADCLK.|
Module Guide Resources
The following application projects are available from the Renesas web site at the referenced url.
- HMI Brushless DC (BLDC) Motor Controller - Application Project here.
- Bluetooth Low Energy on DK-S7G2 and DK-S3A7 - Application Project here.
- Getting Started with the Audio Player Application using SSP - Application Project here.
- The ADC HAL module is used in the Developer Examples available on the Synergy Gallery here. Simply download the zip file and import the ADC example into your ISDE. See the Knowledge Base article here for more information.
- Refer to the SSP release notes for known issues, available here.