Disclaimer: Renesas Electronics does not hold any responsibility for damages to your machine and operating system that are the results of following this guide. Always make sure to create a restore point before changing low-level system settings such as hardware drivers.
Before you start
In this guide, the default Microsoft CDC driver is being replaced with JLink CDC UART Port driver.
- Make sure your system privileges allow you to access the Device Manager and install driver files.
- Go to the SEGGER JLink downloads page and download the Software and documentation pack.
- Once downloaded, unpack the archive and install its contents following the on-screen instructions.
Changing the device driver
- Launch e2studio and create a USB CDC project.
- Build and Debug the project to make sure it's uploaded to the board and running.
- Open the Run prompt by pressing the Win+R combination on the keyboard.
- Type in devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Open the Ports (COM & LPT) branch and double-click the entry for your board (the icon will have an exclamation point).
- Navigate to the Driver tab and click Update Driver.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Uncheck the box by Show compatible hardware
- On the left-hand pane, scroll down and select SEGGER.
- On the right-hand pane, click JLink CDC UART Port.
- Click Next.
- In the warning pop-up, select Yes to proceed with driver update.
Once updated, it may be necessary to restart your board as well as your operating system for all changes to apply.
Congratulations! You now have installed a Windows 10 USB CDC driver for Renesas Synergy devices.